Holiday baking 2011 edition
Wow. What a holiday season. I received three wonderful holiday orders from Maria, Mike and Vanessa, each one different and fun to work on. Then there were my holiday baking gifts which were doled out to friends and family alike. And finally, to surprise my mom, I’m bringing a homemade mincemeat pie on a bus all the way from Philly to Syracuse–mincemeat is one of the MANY pies her Grandma Emma used to bake, and I thought she would get a kick out of it.
So my tally for this holiday:
- 3 batches of chocolate sea salt shortbread
- 1 batch of lemon poppy seed cookies (using this recipe as a base)
- 2 batches of burnt sugar toffee with chocolate and walnuts (as well as a small portion made nut-free)
- 2 batches of snickerdoodles
- 1 batch of chocolate chip cookies
- 2 dozen mini gingerbread cupcakes
- 4.5 pints (combined) of lemon honey apple jam (yes, I realize this isn’t baking)
- 1 mincemeat pie
What did you bake this year for the holidays?